To embody a spirit of service and of excellence, focused on continuous improvement and a mission to deliver great outcomes to our community.
He angitūtanga - The opportunity
Due to rapid and continued growth in the Horowheuna District we are now recruiting a Housing Development Lead to assist in the managed and coordinated delivery of the Housing Action Plan. If you are someone who is driven by purpose and passionate about driving meaningful engagement to ensure successful community outcomes, then this may be the role for you. We are looking for someone 30 hours per week in a permanent role. The role will be reporting to the Group Manager Housing and Business Development and will work beside the Planning, Development Engineering and Building Consenting Teams.
The Housing Development Lead will coordinate, collaborate and engage positively on social and affordable housing, and take an active interest in the economic development of the Horowhenua district. This may include assisting in the facilitation of grants, business expansion and retention activities, housing development model assistance, and land acquisition/disposal. You will love a fast-paced and demanding work environment. In this role we want to enable you to make a real difference in the community, within a team that works hard, has a good laugh and loves to be on the continuous improvement journey.
He kōrero mōu - About you
You’re a self-starter with a curious nature and a collaborative approach. If don’t know how to do something, you’ll own it, ask or learn how to do it. You will have:
· Several years of experience in economic/housing development related activities including community development.
· Strong leadership, organisational, and communication skills
· Knowledge of local building codes and zoning regulations
· Knowledge of national agencies and programs related to economic/housing and urban development as it pertains to the district and the portfolio, and an understanding of national goals, objectives, programs, and services and of community resources and development needs
· Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse team and manage multiple projects simultaneously
· Understanding of financial and economic principles related to housing development
· Commercial awareness, Strategic thinking and problem solving capability
· Reporting on outcomes and optimisation etched into the way you work
· An eye for detail, be well organised and enjoy planning
Tā tātou ahurea – Our culture
Horowhenua District Council is proud to be an inclusive workplace; we celebrate difference, diversity, and aim to empower our employees. We are an organisation built on innovation and optimism, and are embarking on an organisation reset. We are motivated to build a place where we value our people and provide opportunities for them to build outstanding careers and a better Horowhenua.
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou - What we offer
An excellent working environment where passionate and committed team members strive to make a difference for current and future generations. This is a great opportunity to join a thriving organisation with a strong focus on delivery and on doing meaningful work, surrounded by motivated people, which have a direct impact on the lives of our Horowhenua Community.
Tono mai ināianei - Apply now
This is a full time, permanent position, and a very real opportunity to make a difference. If you are interested in learning more about what the role involves check out the position description, if you have any questions or would like to discuss this opportunity further, please contact Blair Spencer – Group Manager Housing and Business Development on (06) 366 0999 or email [email protected]
Recruitment for this role closes on Friday 22 September 2023 at which time all applications will be reviewed and we will contact you to advise you of your application progress.
He rau ringa e pakari ai ngā taura whiri i ō tātou kāinga noho me ō tātou hapori – mai i te pae maunga o Tararua ki te moana
With many hands the threads which weave our neighbourhoods and communities together will be strengthened from the Tararua Ranges to the sea.